What is The Sheppard Method?
- Risa Sheppard has been teaching “the Pilates Method” since 1975. She fell in love with the work and never looked back.
- The Sheppard Method is essentially customizing each person with the Pilates Method and a lot of TLC in a way that works for each individual regardless of ability.
- The Sheppard Method incorporates understanding of the thoughts of the mind and how they affect our lives and bodies.
- The Sheppard Method is classical Pilates with a personal touch which includes: Teaching and Healing, Expression of the spirit, Practice allowing your body to move in a fluid, efficient, powerful, coordinated, and relaxed manner.
- The results allow you to move beyond your limitations, and you will feel comfortable in your own skin.
- The Sheppard Method is movement with grace, agility with beauty, and power with gentleness that brings out your true inner spirit.
- The Method enables a balanced body and mind to work together in a harmonious movement that is centered, elongated and strong. No matter your occupation or daily routines, whether you work out or not.
Please browse the Sheppard Method Pilates website for more information about our private Pilates and group classes, the many benefits of pilates, or learn about our Pilates certification program to become a Pilates instructor. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, contact us today! We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about our Pilates studio, the Sheppard Method or our class schedule.